Tuesday 6 January 2009

It's only a game

My luck on epic drops appears to be turning - I got an epic belt from Azjol Nerub last night, and a rare trinket on the same run. It was really smooth and I am starting to feel really comfortable with that instance now. With the rare trinket I was finally able to replace the trinket you get at level 61 in Hellfire Peninsular - the quest is called Overlord. My other trinket is the Netherwing Revered trinket, which is not a tanking trinket per se but has 45 stamina on it so will do until something better comes along.

Flushed with success, I went into VH heroic with some friends. We had a strange group composition - a mage, DK, holy priest and holy paladin - and it was one of those late night groups where everyone is there because you are mates. In the end our lack of dps, combined with my unwise kiting strategy on Icheron, did for us and we gave up after a couple of wipes on the second boss. We could have done it, and it galled me not to complete what is an easy heroic, but it was late and we all had work in the morning.

The nadir of the instance run however was when a rare tanking trinket (which would have been my second of the night) dropped from Laventhor. The holy paladin needed it, and then won the roll. I must confess I nearly lost the plot at that point and I had to get a large dose of perspective, telling myself repeatedly that:
- he's a mate
- mates are more important than warcraft
- it's only a trinket for goodness' sake
- he wants to tank eventually and so will use it
but I was a little disappointed, to put it mildly. Hey ho. I congratulated him on it and left it there. I guess I will have to keep running the instance until it drops again, although the chances are quite low (I think about 10% in any run). In hindsight it was probably a good idea that we didn't clear the instance, because if he'd rolled on the epic tanking leggings and won those I think I would have thrown my toys out of the pram quite spectacularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment